Saturday, June 18, 2005

Maiden Speak

When I was in middle-school, I went through a massive 'Anne Frank craze'. Virtually all my acquaintances posessed a copy of 'The Diary of a Young Girl' and before I knew it they all had started writing their own diaries, probably in the hope of it becoming a best-seller one day! I started writing one too, with no such grand expectations ofcourse, but for the sheer joy of putting my thoughts on paper. And for a long time, even much after blogging was possible, I continued clinging on to the belief that the experience of writing using pen and paper were unparalelled. ( Technophiles are probably going to wince when they read the aforementioned statement.) Well, I no longer feel that way, but see my entry into bloggosphere as an evolution into a new media of expression. This is my first entry and like most Hindus, hoped to kick-start the occassion on an auspicious day ( not that I'm deeply religious...but this sure is a big day), but soon found my patience wearing thin...just couldn't wait for the next brightly coloured day on the calendar.
So let me give you an introduction to myself. I am a seventeen-year old girl from New Delhi, India. I just passed out of high school and am now all set to make my foray into college life at Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA. Though there are a good 3 months to go before classes begin, I'm eagerly looking forward to starting off.
So until I write again...goodbye.

1 comment:

nxi said...

hey, bowled me over wd dis one...nice intro gau, keep up da good work. we amateurs need all the encouragement we cn get!